The application for Summer 2020 will be open soon! Stay Tuned!
Summer Servants Internship General Info
– Each person is expected to be excited to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ, and excited to serve in specific roles which further His kingdom in the lives of teenagers.
– Each Position is a paid position.
– All positions will need to be flexible in their responsibilities and be willing help each other where needed
Mid-June until the end of July
*TBD One or two night meetings in early June
- Spiritual Minister Internship
This person will work closely with the Camp Manager to plan and run the spiritual components of camp, which include a daily devotional, morning program, prayer rituals, worship (musician or other form), and Interactive prayer or spiritual experiences.
You will also work closely with the Activities Director to run small group time each day to encourage reflection and conversation for the teens about their camp experiences.
This person should have an understanding of teenagers and their culture and experience in sharing the Christian faith with them. You should also have great public speaking and programmatic planning skills.
- Activities Director Internship
This person will be in charge of choosing, planning and running ice breakers, daily group games, night programming and rec night activities. You will be upfront and expected to command the attention of large groups of teenagers. You will choose the music for free-time and games. You will organize free time activities, run small groups each day with the Spiritual Minister Intern. You will organize and set up supplies needed for each game or fun activity.
This person should have excellent public speaking skills, experience in youth ministry, timeliness and enthusiasm.
- Program Tech Internship
This person will be in charge of taking photos and videos during the week, and using them to create usable products. You will be able to experience all of camp- homesite activities and worksite activities. You will be expected to visit the worksites during the day. You will have a flexible schedule, but you will need to capture beautiful moments at camp and at the worksites. You will create a sharing method so that adult leaders can share their photos with you. Each day you create photo presentations that highlight the day, or a specific worksite and set it up for viewing at appropriate times. During the week you will work to create a video. At the end of two weeks you will combine your photos and video to create a promotional video for the next summer.
4. Hospitality Coordinator Internship
This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining a welcoming environment at the camp home-site located at DeWitt Community Church in DeWitt, NY. You will oversee the gymnasium, kitchen, hallway and large group room in overall cleanliness, proper usage, and set-up/clean up from group activities. You will also:
- Use creativity to communicate the camp theme in each of the spaces listed above
- Engage with campers while they are at the homesite
- Lead the teams assigned to daily homesite jobs
- Be a part of the overall camp staff to run camp efficiently and effectively. You will be expected to help in the other areas of camp leadership and responsibilities as needed
Every intern will be expected to act responsibly and collaboratively with the team, engage with teenagers from different churches, share your faith and life-story, perform your job responsibilities and have fun!